Monday, May 18, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe I've let so much time go by without a post! I've been doing stuff, just not taking the time to blog about it - bad me! Found a couple really cute pics of my dogs when they were youngsters.



The border collie mix is Boots (he came with that name, don't blame me) and the big doggie is Acadia (I did name her) who is half Rottie, half Catahoula and all baby. They are now 9 and 11 respectively. Time so flies!



Finally decided to try the video portion of my camera and tape some cute moments with my critters. I tried to get my talking cats, Sammy and Chance, to do their thing, but both of them clammed up when the camera came out. I guess they'll want to sign an agent before they'll talk on screen. Actors. So, this is my very first try, please ignore the erratic camera operator! LOL! This is Hannah, my oldest kitty at 12 and Weebee (another one I did not name), the rescued Cornish rex who decided she didn't want to be adopted and stayed here. She so does not like to be interrupted from her nap. LOL!



+++++++++++++++++

In sadder news, I had to have two of my FeLV+ kitties put down last week. I knew when I decided to have a sanctuary for the positive ones that I'd lose them way too early, but I'd rather give them a few good years if I can even if it hurts worse when the times does come. Actually they were both pretty old for a FeLV cat; Pretty Baby was about 12 or older; Jamie was also about 12. This is Pretty Baby (P.B.) in her prime. I don't have my scanner working so I couldn't post a pic of Jamie, but she was small, all black with a corkscrew ear from an old hematoma. Rest in peace my girls.

6 comments:

T said...

Ah Katt, I am so sorry about PB and Jamie. You are right though, you gave them a few good years, and showed them love. It is never easy though, I know all too well, it's never easy.

The video is cute. The Cornish Rex is adorable. We rescued 4 Cornish Rex's here last year from a terrible breeder. Her cattery was just awful, and we had to do a lot of convincing to get her to give us her cats. They were all very sickly, but after a few months, they were well, and by golly the best cats. They were so dog like, and preferred to hang out with the dogs!! My friend kept them, and they are always with her Italian Greyhounds.

Anonymous said...

Aw, girl, I knew it was likely but still so sad to hear about PB and Jamie. You've got a good heart and did well by them.

The vid is adorable. I remember Hannah but don't remember Weebee - I don't think? How could I forget that face? Did I?

Anonymous said...

Oh and I totally forgot to comment on the dpg pix! What awesome shots of those two! God, time does fly... Kismet just turned 11 this past week ::headshake::

Katt said...

Thanks ladies. T, we also had a bunch of sickly Cornies that we got from a breeder (about 12 over a period of a couple years) and they all went to great homes after being fixed and fattened up. LOL! And yes, they do love dogs! Weebee drives my pups to distraction trying to follow and rub all over them.

Marls, I know I had her when you visited, but she is kinda shy so you wouldn't have seen much of her. She definitely has a face that is not soon forgotten!

And I love those pics of the pups, they look all sweet and innocent, eh? And yes, I can't believe how quickly they got up into their senior years. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

You know, soon after I commented I thought over it and realized there had been a stealthy Rex amongst your crew so I figured that must've been her. Not quite as social as some of the others but there were plenty giving me attention, so that was fine ;)

Anonymous said...

I was definitely thinking of Scotty when I wrote that ;)

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty